Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Current Awareness Resources
Bender's Immigration Bulletin
Available via: Print (1996 - 2012): Second Floor & Clinic Library, KF4819 .G69
Reports on developments in immigration law. Offers case summaries, select BIA decisions, reproductions of government documents and immigration-related documents in the Federal Register.
Immigration Law Advisor Newsletter (2007-2017)
Produced by the US Dept. of Justice-Executive Office for Immigration Review, organized by volume number or by author. Offers a featured article, charts showing number of case filed/heard and their outcomes, brief summaries of recent circuit decisions and Board of Immigration Appeals precedent decisions.
Interpreter Releases Daily
Same content as found in the weekly edition but published as soon as available. Browse by date or run a keyword search.
Also available in print: 2nd Floor: KF4800 .A15 I5 (print coverage: 1989 - 2015)
Weekly newsletter that analyzes legislative, administrative and judicial developments in immigration law. Westlaw coverage is from 1987 through the current week.
Practitioner Insights for Immigration
Offers current analysis and news links. Can also set up alerts to pull specific news items as they are released. Located below list of other primary and secondary immigration sources.
Siskind's Immigration Bulletin
Provides immigration news. Regular columns include "ABCs of Immigration," legislative update, ask visalaw.com, and government processing times.
Available free from Visalaw.com, a Web-site maintained by a large immigration law firm. E-mail subscriptions are available.
Setting Up Alerts: Westlaw, Lexis+ & Bloomberg Law
1. For a specific publication (such as Insurance Daily Briefing, ABA Journal etc):
- Click on "Alerts" link in upper left
- Click on "Create Alert" then on "Publication Alert" link
- Complete form naming your alert, selecting the publication that you wish, entering the email address where you want to receive the alert and other information.
2. For a specific search query: (ex. run search in Pennsylvania State Cases for: "swimming pool" /20 "property damage"
- Run search and then click on bell symbol on right side of page to "Create Westclip Alert"
- Complete form, entering search terms, specifying publications to search and set up delivery preferences
1. For a specific publication (such as Emerging Insurance Disputes, The Business Lawyer etc.)
- Browse --> Sources --> Search for a search or search by category/practice area
- Click on publication name and select "create a publication alert" link
- Set up how long wish to receive them, how often and add email address for delivery
- Can also share alert with others
2. For a specific search query (ex. select Insurance Law as practice area then run search for "drones" & liability")
- Select source category, jurisdiction, practice area etc
- Run search and further filter as desired
- Click on bell symbol to right of "results for" or "source results" heading at the top of the page
- Add email address and delivery preferences
1. For a specific publication (such as the Alaska Law Review or SEC Final Rule Releases)
- location publication using main menu or keyword search
- Click on "Create Alert" link at top of results list
- Fill out form including frequency of alert
- Click Save to set
2. Set up alerts to run for a specific search query:
- Run search in news, BNA Reports or other databases
- Look for "create search alert" link at bottom of Search Criteria box
- Select frequency of delivery and add your email address
- Alerts will be emailed and also saved to Bloomberg home screen under "My Work History" tab
Journals & Course Handbooks
Basic Immigration Law 2020: Business, Family, Naturalization and Related Areas
Course handbook from PLI PLUS database offering overviews of changes in immigration law as well as hot topics and reviews of key immigration law issues. Provides 28 chapters on various topics. Previous years are also available under "Related Items" tab.
Defending Immigration Removal Hearings 2020
Outlines changes in this area of law and provides updates on new laws and regulations. Handbooks and transcripts from prior year programs available under the "Related Items" tab.
Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
Link above is to Westlaw which has selected coverage from 1989, full coverage from 1994.
Also available: Print: Lower Level: K7 .E752 (1985 - 2013); Lexis+:1997 to present; HeinOnline: 1985 - current.
Immigration Law Commons
Collection of open access Immigration Law articles published by a number of different law reviews and journals. Use the search box in the top right to search by keyword or browse through the list of most recent articles.
American Immigration Lawyers Association Daily News Clips
Links to immigration articles from major newspapers and other news outlets. Updated daily.
ECRE Weekly Bulletin
News releases from the European Council on Refugees and Exiles. Bulletins are listed by date, going back to 2014. Subscribe to receive email notifications of new postings.
Immigration Prof Blog
Offers very frequent posts on immigration issues. Click "subscribe" to be notified of new posts.
The New Humanitarian (formerly IRIN)
News outlet that reports on humanitarian disasters including refugee migrations. Formerly part of the UN but has been independent since 2015 and has a large network that reports on over 70 different countries. Browse by theme, region or type of media coverage (interviews, news, maps etc) by clicking on the menu link in top left.
Journals & Resources for Latin America & the Caribbean
Journal of the Kimberly Green Latin American and Caribbean Center at Florida International University. Published annually and each volume reviews a particular topic in depth covering such issues as decentralized governments, free media, violence against women, energy challenges, and religion among others.
Inter Press Service
Independent global news organization focusing on social, economic and political development as well as humanitarian issues reporting primarily from the perspective of those living in the Southern hemisphere. Browse stories by region or by topic.