Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
As a new grad, your @law email account will continue until May 2024. However, even though your email address remains active, you will not have access to most subscription legal research databases with the exception of those noted below. If you wish to continue having a Villanova email address after 2024, you can request an Alumni Gmail account.
Prepare to Practice
Prepare to Practice Training Session (Monday, May 9 at 11:00am via Zoom)
The Law Library will be hosting a training session focused on lesser-known research resources that you may utilize over the summer. The session will review topics including: finding jury instructions, verdicts, forms, dockets, public records, and other tools often used outside of the academic experience. This training session will be useful whether you are going out to your first summer position or starting your permanent job. A recording of the training will be available to view after the session.
Westlaw, Lexis & Bloomberg Graduate Access
NOTE: Some employer policies require the use of firm accounts. You may continue to use your @law email address as your ID as your law school email will still be active. You can also still complete Certifications in these products. See the Develop a New Skill tab for links.
- Bloomberg: Access for 6 months after graduation; use Bloomberg for research related to bar preparation, interview preparation, private study or employment. Do not need to register for extended access.
- Lexis+: Unlimited, unrestricted (for work, fun, or school) access to Lexis+ through December 31, 2022. Your ID will be converted from a student ID to a Graduate ID on July 10, 2022 and you will be given a graduation gift and access to a graduate home page at that time.
- Westlaw: Access to Westlaw and Practical Law, for six months after graduation by Grad Elite Access. “Grad Elite” access gives you 60-hours of usage on these products per month. Cannot be used in situations where you are billing a client but can be used to build knowledge of the law and prepare for the bar exam.
Databases available when you visit Villanova Law Library
Alumni and visitors may access the following databases from the computer terminal next to the library Reference Desk, no additional passwords required. These databases are not accessible remotely. Descriptions of each database can be found on the Law Databases page.
- Foreign Law Guide
- Leadership Directories (formerly Yellowbooks)
- The Legal Intelligencer
- Nexis Uni (formerly Lexis Nexis Academic)
- PLI PLUS
- ProQuest Congressional
- ProQuest Statistical Insight