Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Insurance Organizations & Websites
Lexis Advance also offers numerous Mealey's Litigation Reporters dedicated to insurance issues. Browse by topic and review the secondary sources links to locate these titles.
Setting Up Alerts
1. For a specific publication (such as Insurance Daily Briefing, Insurance Bad Faith newsletter etc):
- Click on "Alerts" link in upper left
- Click on "Create Alert" then on "Publication Alert" link
- Complete form naming your alert, selecting the publication that you wish, entering the email address where you want to receive the alert and other information.
2. For a specific search query: (ex. run search in "Insurance Law Reviews & Journals" for: drones & regulat!
- Run search and then click on bell symbol on right side of page to "Create Westclip Alert"
- Complete form, entering search terms, specifying publications to search and set up delivery preferences
1. For a specific publication (such as Emerging Insurance Disputes, Insurance Coverage law newsletter etc.)
- Browse --> Sources --> Search for a search or search by category/practice area
- Click on publication name and select "create a publication alert" link
- Set up how long wish to receive them, how often and add email address for delivery
- Can also share alert with others
2. For a specific search query (ex. select Insurance Law as practice area then run search for "drones" & liability"
- Select source category, jurisdiction, practice area etc
- Run search and further filter as desired
- Click on bell symbol to right of "results for" heading at the top of the page
- Add email address and delivery preferences
Set up alerts to run for a specific search query (notification of new issues of publications is not available for Bloomberg).
- Run search in news, BNA Reports or other databases
- Look for "create search alert" link at bottom of Search Criteria box
- Select frequency of delivery and add your email address
- Alerts will be emailed and also saved to Bloomberg home screen under "Saved Searches & Alerts" tab
Research Management Systems
Citation management software allows you to track your sources as you use them rather than waiting until the end of a project to retype a separate bibliography or Table of Authorities. This software also auto formats your citations in Bluebook format. (You still need to REVIEW and EDIT the citations.It's not perfect but it can save time.) For more information, check out this guide:
Westlaw Practitioner Insights for Insurance
Landing page for Insurance Law on Westlaw. Accssible from the "Practice Areas" tab.
- Insurance News from Reuters
- Insurance Analysis (articles taken from the WestlawNext Insurance Daily Briefing newsletter
- Featured Legal Filings section with links to complaints and other document filed in recent insurance cases
- Trending Companies List
- Tools & Resources box (links to other insurance news, dockets, regulatory guidance documents, Insurance Market Conduct Reports etc.)
- Browse Insurance Law
- Links to statutes, cases, regs, briefs, court filings and other primary documents
- Also links to secondary materials including law reviews & forms
Produced by the Insurance Law Coverage Opinion practice of Shapiro & Associates law firm. Sample opinions assessing insurance coverage in particular situations.
Terms & Conditions Insurance Industry Blog
Published by Insurance Information Institute. Archive is divided by date and topic for easy searching.
Specialty Insurance Blog
Focus on risk management and venture capital issues with an emphasis on entrepreneurship and professional liability.
Point of Law (Insurance Category)
Published by Center for Legal Policy at the Manhattan Institute. Reviews new case law, legislation, and insurance law publications.
Books on Writing
User's Guide to the Bluebook (20th edition) by
Call Number: Hornbook Reserve: KF245 .D853 2015
Publication Date: 2015
Below are a few books on writing. For additional suggestions, consult with a Reference Librarian or check the library catalog.
Scholarly Writing by
Call Number: 2nd Floor KF250 .C528 2012
Publication Date: 2012-08-20
Scholarly Writing for Law Students, Seminar Papers, Law Review Notes and Law Review Competition Papers, 4th by
Call Number: RESERVE KF250 .F34 2011
Publication Date: 2011-01-07
Academic Legal Writing: Law Review Articles, Student Notes, Seminar Papers, and Getting on Law Review by
Call Number: Class Reserve
Publication Date: 2010
Writing Ethics and Other Writing Resources
Lexis for Microsoft Office
Lexis for Microsoft Office allows you to easily access Lexis from within Microsoft Word. Features include tools for cite checking, citation formating, and creation of Table of Authorities. To use Lexis for Microsoft Office you must DOWNLOAD the latest version of the software. Logon to Lexis Advance and click PRon Apps & Tools tab for the download link under "Law Practice Resources."