Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Hein ScholarCheck Overview
Hein's ScholarCheck ranks authors by the following categories:
- Number of times cited by other articles in HeinOnline
- Number of times cited by cases (in Fastcase)
- Number of times accessed by other HeinOnline users within a rolling 12-month period
- Number of times cited by articles in HeinOnline that were written in the past 10 years
Hein produces a SchlolarRank based on an average based on these metrics.
Hein Author Profiles include additional metrics.
- Average Citations/Article: Cumulative number of times an author has been cited in other articles, divided by author’s total number of articles written
- Average Citations/Document: Cumulative number of times author has been cited in other articles, divided by author’s total number of documents written
- Self-Citations: Cumulative number of times author has cited his/her own work
- H-Index: Author-level metric "that attempts to measure both the productivity and citation impact of the publications of an author. The index is based on the set of the author’s most cited papers and the number of citations that they have received in other publications."